Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hiking and survival

First post!

With spring setting in and the last of our low-altitude snow melting away, hiking trails are becoming more accessible throughout Colorado. I've been wanting to acquaint myself with the wild around here in Denver since I moved here two years ago, and just haven't made time. I'd love to learn how to survive out in the mountains with minimal supplies, and complement that with a DIY attitude that I can apply at home or out in the woods. I'd like to learn a thing or two about firearms, as well, and maybe start hunting.

First up: learn something about hiking! I found a "beginner/intermediate" trail at an open space park called Rabbit Mountain, a bit to the north near Lyons. Here's a photo:



I can't wait to get started, but first I need to go find a good pair of boots, a water bottle, etc. I think I'll also look at some good cargo pants, too.

So, this is where I start. If you're interested in off-the-grid survival and DIY projects, regardless of your experience, hang around here for a bit. Every DIY-er can always use a bit of advice or fresh ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment